Friday, January 22, 2010

First Post

Well since this is my first post, I feel like I need to catch up on the past seven months. Devin and I have been so lucky, and a lot has been going on.

When we first were looking for places to live, our Bishop asked if we would like to live in his mortuary! Of course I was a little skeptical at first.....who wouldn't be!?? He asked if we would be willing to clean everyday in exchange for free rent. Devin was thrilled about this offer being the thrifty man that he is, but I definitely needed convincing. I finally agreed. Although it is a little scary at times, I am definitely grateful for this generous offer. We have been living here for almost eight months, and even though it is tiresome to have to clean everyday, I can't complain. We are so lucky to be saving so much money, especially when we are both attending school.

Before we got married, I had been living in Provo, working at Downeast Basics, and attending Utah Valley University. Devin was also attending the University of Utah and working for Comcast. When we first got married, I worked for Utility Billing West and Devin had been working for Comcast for about six months. Today, he is still with Comcast and still attending the U. I quit my job, and I am going to Salt Lake Community College full time. Devin is going into dentistry, and I am working toward being a teacher. We are both working hard to achieve our goals together!

No comments:

Post a Comment